background

Saturday, October 8, 2011

I LOVE THIRD GRADE!



It took a few weeks till I got the key to my classroom. The first thing I noticed when I walked into my portable was that it smelled awful and was very dusty. I liked that I had tables instead of desks and the size was perfect. However, the wood paneled walls kind of put a damper on things. My Mom saved the day by taking me to IKEA. We got things for organizing, things for a little library and even a comfy teacher chair. (yay) It took several helpers and three weeks to clean and set up my classroom. It was totally worth it. :D I feel super lucky to have such an spiffy place to teach these amazing kids. The students LOVE the library corner the best I think. Everyday we have a "star" of the day. The star gets to be the line leader and run any errands. The star of the day and the other three people at his or her table get to be library friends and sit in the library during silent reading or any story time.

I wish I could post pictures of these seriously CUTE kids! :D They are sweet and a whole lot of fun! I never go through a day without laughing with them.

2 comments:

  1. I love your classroom! So cute! I hope you are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAUTE!!!!!! I love the colors. I bet you are an amazing teacher. Loves!

    ReplyDelete