background

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

30

Yesterday I got to talking to a mother of some of the kids at the after school program. She is turning 30 in a few months and said she's really freaking out about it. It got me to thinking. If I turned thirty this year, I'd really freak out too. The health class I am in required me to fill out a survey on health. One of the questions was, "Are you comfortable with growing old?" Honestly, as happy as I am right now, there are a lot of things I want to do with my life before I am "old." So I decided to make a list for myself a few years ahead. Some guidelines to live by so that by the time I am a few months away from turning 30, I will not be in freak out mode. I will be in, "My life is great mode." Here goes...

- Before I turn 30

Healthy - Habits

· Exercise

· Scriptures

· Prayer

· FHE

· Healthy Food

Money

· Live within means

House

· Downstairs bathroom

· Flooring

· Organize Pantry

· Bedroom Closet

· Spare Room organized

School & Career

· GRADUATE

· Get a Job (Work as an elementary school teacher)

FAMILY

· a Kid?

· Have fun with Russ all the days

Travel

· Euro-trip

· Florida (family)

· Idaho (family)

· CA (Disneyland) (Russ' grandparents)

Want to:

· Learn to sew

· Learn to cook more yummy/healthy things

· Keep my house clean and organized

· Keep in contact with my best friends and family

· Hike

· Stay active in the church

o I get to work with the Beehives right now, and I am LOVING it. I hope I still get to be with them for a few more years!

2 comments:

  1. I had my "30-breakdown" when I turned 29. So, I made a list of all the things I wanted to do before I turned 30. Then I put it away. I'll be 33 this year. I found my list not long ago, and laughed at it. What does 30 mean? That I'm old? That I can't 'do' anything anymore? Age is only as much as you make of it. I feel the same as when I came home from my mission. But, because life keeps teaching me lessons, I'm a better person, too. If we fear age, we fear life. Life is too precious to fear. So, make your list, keep your goals, but don't fear getting older. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I guess I wasn't that clear either! 30 isn't "old." :) I probably should have said, "older." I like your perspective Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete