background

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"learning differences"

I feel like I learn new things every day. Being still in school, after all these years sometimes I get cocky, thinking I know it all, and there is nothing left to teach me. I can't believe I admitted that one out loud... :) However, every single day I sit in my classes absorbing it all like a dry sponge. I feel like my perspective shifts every day. Yesterday we learned about people who have learning differences. Dyslexia, and other learning "disabilities." My perspective shifted when I realized that just because someone doesn't learn the same way as most people in a classroom, doesn't mean they don't have the scholastic potential everyone else does have. As a teacher, my responsibility will not only be to believe in all of my students, but to provide them with the abilities and tools they will need in the future. It's exciting really. The stuff they teach us these days.

2 comments:

  1. Alysa, you are the most amazing person. I love how you look at life and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what Steph said. I am so glad you are finishing school...you are going to be an amazing teacher and bless so many lives with your talents. xoxo

    ReplyDelete